Ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other's success.
Splunk is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join the Network Engineering Services team, a role responsible for designing, building, and maintaining Splunk's global corporate, development, and production infrastructure within our cloud and data center networks.
In this role you will liaise with various business units to develop scalable network designs and solutions to meet Splunk's dramatic growth. You will have expert foundation and experience in deploying and supporting a diverse range of environments. Such environments include large enterprise campus LAN and WAN, branch office, public cloud, business partner, remote access, wireless, and high available data center networks. You will also support the daily operations of Splunk's network infrastructure and services, including projects, network upgrades, maintenance activities, and on-call rotation.
* Design, build, and maintain global corporate LAN and WAN networks
* Define and develop network solutions to enable rapid company growth
* Lead highly complex projects such as migrating the global network to dynamic routing from static with multifunctional teams and provide situational leadership
* Work with the team on establishing network design principles, practices, implementations, and documentation for Data/Voice networks; LAN, WAN, WLAN, DMZ, Internet, Remote Access, and Disaster Recovery
* Implement and utilize monitoring systems, performance monitoring, and notification applications to analyze network activities and generate reports and recommendations
* Analyze data and define network capacity management models and performance metrics
* Contribute to plans and workflows for sustainable growth and performance across all aspects of network infrastructure
* Partner with Facilities, Security, AV, etc. on office expansion and remodel projects
* Guide engagement with vendors and internal teams to deliver network innovations with automation tool sets
* Evaluate network architectures to develop requirements and roadmaps
* Respond to network outages and perform deep root cause analysis
* Fix wired and wireless network connectivity issues
* Execute timely trouble ticket resolution for end user issues
* Support for network deployment and maintenance projects
* Author network documents and train support team on network technologies
* Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
* Potential travel to support field office projects
* 10+ years of network engineering experience supporting large, global, multi-vendor enterprise infrastructure
* Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols such as, BGP, OSPF, and VRF
* Expert knowledge in switching fundamentals such as Ethernet, VLANs, STP, HSRP, VoIP, SIP, and VPC
* Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, VPN, and MPLS transport
* Experience transforming WAN networks to SDWAN
* Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and NX-OS
* Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-facing production environment, across multiple data centers including public cloud
* Familiarity with administration of network services (DNS, NTP, TACACS, Radius, etc.) is desirable
* Experience with Palo Alto Networks and/or Arista Networks equipment is desirable
* Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services
* Experience using network diagnosis and packet analysis tools
* Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work independently and solve problems with speed and efficiency
* Ability to self-motivate and manage/prioritize competing tasks
* Passion for customer service and attention to detail and accuracy
Education: Got it!
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
This isn't a job ? it's a life changer ? are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's \"Best Places to Work\" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.