Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger-and tinier-than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips-the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own-faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Corporate Technology Office researches and develops key technologies to enable differentiated inspection and metrology products. These technologies include sensors, lasers, optics and simulation models. When the technology is demonstrated, we work with KLA-Tencor divisions and strategic suppliers to implement the technology into KLA-Tencor's products. The group also provides technology oversights to help make better decisions on technology selections, taking into account risks, customer needs, competitive offerings and business dynamics.
KLA-Tencor is looking for an energetic and extremely detail-oriented Product Environmental and Safety Compliance Engineer to join our Environmental Compliance Team. As a member of the Corporate Team, you will be responsible for environmental compliance implementation of REACH regulation, WEEE, ROHS, Hazardous Materials regulations, Battery and Packaging Directives and implementation of other regulatory or customer requirements as needed on a program by program basis. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail combined with analytical and critical thinking ability. Able to manage projects that include company employees, suppliers, customers and government agencies.
* Perform safety risk assessments on equipment, assembly and component designs to comply with SEMI S2/S8 Guidelines, UL Standards, CE, KRWA and other industry and regulatory standards
* Perform on tool testing as needed, i.e. HiPot, F47
* Ensure tools changes and upgrades continue to meet safety guidelines and standards, and generate necessary safety notices & bulletins based on incoming field data
* Review Engineering Changes and Field issue reports from safety standpoint to determine level or risk and assess against established criteria to determine if corrective action is needed.
* Work with peers across the company/globe to support product development, testing and release
* Support SEMI and other 3rd party safety evaluation, i.e. EMC
* Attend design reviews, provide input on regulatory concerns and drive design compliance
* Develop test procedures to evaluate component safety per safety guidelines
Mandatory Skills required to performing the job:
* Proficient in equipment and personnel safety requirements to evaluate
* Structural, ergonomic, thermal, service, component layout/spacing, labeling, manuals/procedures, electrical/interlocks, hoists/lifts, lasers
* 2+ years' experience with capital equipment or similar industry in the role of systems safety Engineer, for e.g., chemical process, medical instrumentation, automotive, aircraft, etc.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a track record of success in cross functional, multi-national work environment.
* Work with 3rd parties and submit test reports to applicable regulatory agencies
* Experience in semiconductor or solar equipment industry
* Knowledge of SEMI, UL or equivalent safety standards
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
* Experience in working with cross-disciplinary teams (including mechanical, electro-mechanical, software, process, manufacturing engineers) for major projects.
* Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial / Industrial Safety Engineering
* MS office proficiency
* Strong verbal and written command of the English language
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: dsp, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, energy, kv, rf, schema, solar, transmission