The Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office in dozens of different departments that provide welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and community partners. Each and every district and college department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.Position Summary
Under general supervision, operates and maintains the Staff Resources Center. This includes working with faculty and staff individually and in groups to implement the Center’s programs and services. (Please see the “Job Descriptions” link on the left side of your screen for a complete job description for this position).
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.Assignment Responsibilities
● Organizes lectures, workshops, seminars, special events, and conferences.
● Assists with large and small group orientations to the Center.
● Operates, maintains and instructs staff in the use of Center equipment.
● Meets and interviews clients receiving services from or providing services to the Center.
● Provides appropriate services or referrals to Center clients.
● Conducts follow-up with clients.
● Prepares and updates lists of information, resources and, services available.
● Creates web-based flyers, brochures, newsletters, and posts to web server.
● Maintains bulletin boards, display racks, and other visual displays.
● Tracks staff usage of the Center.
● Collects, tabulates and summarizes data and information.
● Implements the evaluation process for activities and services.
● Develops applicable reports related to the Center.
● Maintains accurate records of budget expenditures.
● Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other materials.
● Develops and maintains records and forms used in the operation of the Center.
● Orders, reviews, catalog, inventory and maintains materials relating to instructional improvement and professional development for the Center.
● Meets with the advisory committee and keep minutes.
● Oversees temporary employees.
● Performs related duties as required.
To be determined.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.Total Hrs per Week/Day To be determined. Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: One year of successful experience in a similar or related position.
EDUCATION: Associate of Arts degree from a community college.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...