Founded in 1955, American River College (ARC) is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region, serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its main campus and centers.
The College has an outstanding record for academic quality and is among the top community colleges in the state for transferring students to the University of California and California State University systems. The College offers education and support for students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and achieve a career as well as other academic and personal goals. ARC also has a strong reputation for its wide array of career programs in areas such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Human Services, Business and Computer Science, Public Safety, Applied Arts, Advanced Transportation and Manufacturing and Apprenticeship.
Our vision is to transform the future of all students and our community through inclusive, equitable education. The College seeks individuals who share our mission of placing students first by providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible participation in the community.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and social justice through equity-minded education, transformative leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community. The College seeks candidates who are committed to culturally inclusive practices and serving the ARC’s student population. Faculty and staff are encouraged to engage in the ongoing development of their professional skills. The College thus supports employee engagement in a broad range of trainings, workshops, and activities such as the Equity Action Institute, the New Faculty Academy, and the Classified Leadership Academy. Also, faculty and staff regularly participate in trainings offered through the College’s Center for Teaching and Learning and its Instructional Technology Center.
This is an experienced technician. Under some supervision, incumbents perform a variety of Help Desk duties. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.
This job position is located at American River College.Assignment Responsibilities
● Processes work requests from campuses and/or District Office.
● Clarifies requests if needed and assigns Information Services Work Requests to appropriate person.
● Creates and distributes reports related to work requests and technicians’ schedules.
● Issues routine recurring work orders and special work orders as needed.
● Follows up with customers, answers questions, provides status updates, and makes referrals to assigned Information Technology personnel for answers to technical questions.
● Monitors work in progress and records or inputs work resolution by outside vendors and non-Los Rios technicians.
● Assists technicians by providing information, clarification, or referrals as needed.
● Assigns phone numbers District-wide and maintains the database for Los Rios phone numbers, and produces reports from this database.
● Maintains ERM (enterprise resource management system – PeopleSoft) operations documentation on-line for District-wide access.
● Maintains and issues telecom equipment.
● Issues phones from inventory to technicians.
● Tracks and maintains phone inventory.
● Performs related duties as required.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: An Associate degree in computer sciences or closely related field (or completion of an equivalent certificate program) and one years’ experience directly related to job duties; OR, two years’ experience directly related to job duties; OR, a combination of training and/or experience totaling four years that is likely to have provided the required level of knowledge and abilities.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...